Friends School is a non-profit, non-sectarian, family cooperative school whose mission is to provide experiential, non-competitive, child-centered educational opportunities where individual differences are respected and celebrated and where children with special needs are welcome.
Friends School accomplishes this mission by:
- Providing a nurturing, caring, and loving learning environment.
- Valuing the uniqueness of each child.
- Teaching tolerance, kindness and understanding as well as good citizenship and social values.
- Requiring family involvement.
- Providing classes with a low student-teacher ratio to help meet individual needs.
- Providing a highly individualized, developmentally appropriate program aimed at the whole child.
In our increasingly diverse world, the celebration of differences, not merely tolerance, is becoming critically important.
Friends School has been established to offer presc hool and kindergarten programs which center on the positive growth and development of the whole child. An integrated, hands-on and challenging setting focuses on the individual needs, interests and skills of each child. The aim is to serve a heterogeneous population of children, which includes children of different races, abilities, and economic backgrounds. This allows children the opportunity to learn to respect and appreciate one another's unique characteristics, while enjoying the things they have in common.
Our program is designed to help children grow socially, academically, physically and emotionally, each according to his or her own needs. Strengthening self-esteem and helping children learn to make good, responsible decisions are hallmarks of our program. We believe that active parental involvement is paramount to children's success in school and life.